Friday, September 22, 2006

Picture Day... Dun dun dun

Let me start out by saying two things. One, I am so sorry for not posting, but I have been so busy lately! And two, I do not know the man in the picture! So... picture day was yesterday. Great, right? Wrong. I have never been a big fan of picture day. I know all of you remember the good ole days of high school photo day. You get all dressed up, ready for the picture day ahead. You stand in line for what seems forever, waiting for the funny looking man with wiggly ears to say those words- "Smile!" or "Say Cheese!" As you sit on the little stool in front of the slightly tacky backdrop, you almost can't help but feel a little helpless. "Scoot up a little bit." "Now, sit up straight." "No, move your head to the right." "No, your other right." "Smile!" Click. All of that manuvering... for one click. Then, the wiggly eared man calls you a name such as "Cinderella" or, my personal favorite, "Ally McBeal". (Really, where did they come up with Ally McBeal? No kid knows who she is anymore), and you go on your merry way back to class. You see, taking the picture isn't the worst part of it... it's the month of waiting before you get your picture back that worries you.

This year was a bittersweet picture year. It was the last year for my picture to be taken by the wiggly ear man, because Seniors get their pictures done somewhere else. I was expecting my last picture day to be spectacular! (Okay... not really) But unfortunately, it was probably the worst I have ever had. First, I sit down. "Come on, and sit down, pretty girl!" says the wiggly ear man. I sit down, and start to smile. "Move right." "Move your head down." "Scoot up." After about five minutes of manuevering, I finally get to a comfy spot. But see, he never told me to stop smiling, so I just kept smiling throughout the moving. Unfortunately, if I smile for great periods of time, my face starts twitching and wiggling, much like the photographer's ears. Soo..... my face starts twitching. Well, that was fun. "Stop moving your face!" I finally just said that I was sorry, he took the picture, and I walked off. No Cinderella or Ally for me! I guess facial wigglers don't get names. Whatever happened to the good ole days??

2 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Lerra said...

Hey, I think I had the same photographer when I was in school! Which is sad, because that was a long time ago. Anyway yeah I was usually Cinderella for some reason. I never got Ally McBeal...perhaps because she wasn't famous back then. :-)

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

hahaha! ally mcbeal. hilarious. and ummm whats up with our church photos, too?? those photographers are all the second rate ones who cant do weddings cause they arent good enough. thus the reason everyone's STINK.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home