Monday, September 04, 2006

A Weekend of Lake Martin and Sister Hazel

Ah, I love the lake. This weekend, I spent the weekend at my friend Elyse's lakehouse with a LOT of girls. Thankfully, no drama occured.. amazingly! Nine of us went up on Friday night, and enjoyed some delicious pizza at Chuck's Marina. (Seriously... the pizza was amazing. We got the "Chimney Rock"- it had pretty much everything on it. It was great.) We also played (literally) hours of Apples to Apples and enjoyed sitting out on the dock until midnight (which, apparantly, became a nightly ritual.)

On Saturday, we just enjoyed a day on the lake. Unfortunately, their boat had a missing part (nobody knew this until Sat.) so we rented a pontoon boat from 1:00 on Saturday until 1:00 on Sunday. Yeah, the pontoon didn't go very fast, but it was still fun. Besides, it was big enough to fit all 10 of us! (Elizabeth drove up on Saturday.) We tubed some, went swimming, rode on the boat, ate, and just goofed off. Saturday night, we went to a restaurant called Niffer's. The food was pretty good... the service was terrible, but it was fun anyway. Then we went back to the house, sat outside for hours, again, and then had a crazy experience with the neighbors (the husband and wife were yelling at each other, and then the guy drove off... we thought he had left her, but he was back the next morning.) After that craziness, we just sat around until we went to sleep.

On Sunday, we woke up around 10:00 and went on a boat ride. We passed by Chimney Rock and jammed out to Malone's ipod. Then we had to take our rental boat back, so we did that, and little while later, me, Parker, Elizabeth S, and Lesley thought it would be a "fun" idea to kayak all the way over to Avery's lakehouse. Her lakehouse isn't very far by boat... but quite far by kayak. Besides, there were four of us, two of us to a kayak, and they were both one person kayaks so we had to take turns paddling while the other sat on the back end. We got over there, out of breath, and we talk to Avery some, and then we had to go ALL the way back. Hmm.... not such a pleasant experience. Me and Parker ended up pulling our kayak back because neither of us wanted to paddle. After that, I waterskied for the first time. Also not the most graceful experience. Elyse pulled me on the jetski, and waterskiing is really harder than people let on. So, after about 10 tries, I finally got up. I stayed up for about five seconds... and then I fell. Still, not too bad for my first time ever! At least I got up. Then we all got ready to go over to Elizabeth S's lakehouse to eat hamburgers and hot dogs, and then we went to the Sister Hazel concert at the Ampitheater. It was a pretty fun concert, except for the very sweaty people. Then we went back to the house and just chilled out and sat out on the dock... again.

Overall, it was a really fun weekend. I got to do some stuff that I hadn't done before (waterskied, put two people in a one person kayak). It was a fun group!

Just in case you wanted to know, by the way, the picture was taken before the concert at Elizabeth's lakehouse. Top row: (left to right)- Malone, Elizabeth S, Elyse, Lesley, Caroline, Elizabeth H. Middle Row: Avery, Laura, Abagail. Front Row: Stacy, Parker, and myself.

2 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

yall are so cute. glad you had a blast!!!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Lerra said...

Sounds like fun...I wish I went to the lake more often. I mean, it's right here close to us & I almost never go out there. Anyway I'm glad you GALS had a good time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home