Thursday, August 17, 2006

Not-So-Funny Pranks


Do you ever have those days that end and you think "Wow, I never want a day quite like THAT again!" Well, today was one of those days for me. I realize that it's only the second full day of school and I'm still adjusting, but today was just not a good school day. Except for seeing Critter, who made a surprise visit! (He's going to boarding school next week.)

First Period, due to the rotating schedule, was Spanish IV. My class is terrible, but actually, it was nice to go ahead and get it out of the way. After First Period, I put my backpack in Mr. Richburg's room for safe-keeping since I was going to Chorus (which, unfortunately, is all the way across campus, so I just left my backpack in his room.)

After chorus, I walked back over to Mr. Richburg's room to get my backpack. It was time for homeroom (I know, my school has gone crazy having homeroom in the middle of the day) so I was going to grab my backpack on the way up to Mrs. G's room. I look... where is my backpack? All I see is Caroline's backpack, some random books and a grey-looking backpack. Since my backpack is blue (see the picture above), I immediately started wondering, where my backpack?? I turn around. Of course, I see my usual scapegoat-- Jason. Me: "Jason, WHERE is my backpack??" Him: "Um, isn't that your backpack?" Me: "That gray thing?" Him: "Uh, yeah, it looks like somebody turned it inside out."

I dunno if this is an old or relatively new prank, but it's not so much fun to have your backpack turned inside out (with all the stuff put INSIDE the newly turned insideout backpack!) For starters, the straps are INSIDE the backpack now, so there's no way to carry it unless you carry it in your arms, similar to a baby. Of course, I accuse Jason. Me: "Jason, WHY did you do this???" Him: "I didn't do it!!" (Giggling in the background.) I turn around to the giggling sound.... Parker. Me: "Parker, did you do this???" Her: giggle giggle.

I was already late to homeroom, so I just shrugged and left, carrying my baby-like backpack in my arms. I noticed that my backpack was a little bit lighter than it felt before, but I thought maybe I was mistaken. I fixed my backpack back to its normal not-insideout way, and then I went to Precal.

50 Minutes later, it was time for study hall. I decided I would do my Spanish homework. I look for my workbook... it's not in there. I figure I must have have put my workbook in my locker. I go to my locker to see... it's not in there. So WHERE is my workbook??? I peek in the Spanish room, it doesn't look like it's in there, but I didn't want to interupt her class. I talk to Senora Forster (the other Spanish teacher), and she says she hasn't seen it. Uggh. I go back to study hall, look in Richburg's room, thinking maybe Parker left it in there by mistake in her "backpack fiasco", but it's not in there.

Lunch comes, I eat some mashed potatoes, and Mr Womack (chorus director) asks if I'll meet him in his room for a little bit. Of course I'm thinking, "Oh great. I'm a terrible singer, I'm off key and I don't know it, and he wants me out of his chorus. Lucky Me!" That wasn't the case... I started thinking about it, and I realized, oh no. He wants me to sing for him to place me. That was probably worse than the former... you see, I have this phobia of singing by myself. I HATE solos, I HATE tryouts, and singing by myself is part of the reason why I haven't done chorus since 6th grade. As I start to head to the room, I'm relieved to see Caroline, Elizabeth, and Elyse heading up to his room as well. Phew.

First, we all sang in a group (of course, My Country tis of Thee-- which is funny, because Elyse STILL thinks the words are 'land where my fathers cry'), and that wasn't that bad. But then, he stops. I beg, actually outload, "Please, Mr Womack, please don't make us sing by ourselves. I have this phobia of singing by myself." He shrugs, and says "Okay, Miss Owens, but can you sing with only one person?" "Okay, sure." So I sang with Elizabeth. I was a little nervous so I was a little shaky, but I think he got the idea. Then Caroline and Elyse started singing... bless their hearts. Caroline started laughing, which made Elyse laugh, and then they started over... and did the same thing. So then Mr Womack lets us go back to lunch, but by that time I had absolutely no appetite. Plus, I was worried about my book, so I wanted to go back to the building to look for it.

Before you think I'm a COMPLETE nerd, I wasn't worried about my missing book because of the homework I was going to miss, but never finding it. Last year, somebody took my Chemistry book (WHY would anyone want that book) and I never got it back, and I was fined $85. I looked for my book in Richburg's room again, and in the Spanish room, and I asked Parker if she knew where it would be. Nobody knew where that book was. I sat through 6th period, and then headed to 7th, when my name was called over the intercom to come to the office. I figured it was about my book, so I went downstairs. aquiring for my lost book. Mrs Vainrib smiled, and said "Yeah, here's your book! Mrs Baker brought it to me. Somebody took it as a joke, or something like that." All I have to say about that is, why would someone take my book? And what kind of joke is that?? Oh well, I have it now! :)

4 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

wow! that was a really long story! but it takes me back to the good ole days of HS. fun stuff! im sorry ab your book but glad you found it..and i like your back pack!

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Lerra said...

I think the backpack joke is pretty funny. Sorry it happened to you, but funny nonetheless.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Baron said...

good times, good times...

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Order provigil online prescription Family computer shop oak lawn il Tvguardian-online com winsor pilates buy ambien online Answering machine 7610 side affects of topamax Mix relacore prozac Can ativan cure anxiety tippman paintball guns

 

Post a Comment

<< Home